Let me start by saying, I absolutely love makeup – I can spend hours swatching products at Sephora and Ulta. When I discovered Katherine Cosmetics, I was instantly intrigued: a natural beauty brand started by an equestrian? So cool. But Katherine Cosmetics is so much more than that.
Katherine Cosmetics is the creation of Katherine “Annie” Finch, previously a long-time executive at Estée Lauder. Katherine strives to give back to the community and donates $1 to charity for every A+ Friends Lipstick and Giving Back Palette sold. She has grown a community of ambassadors called Katherine Girls – positive, strong, and inspirational people who are full of passion and love living life. Katherine Girls advocate kindness, friendship, and the desire to make a difference in the world. Katherine Cosmetics is also natural, gluten and paraben free, and most importantly to me, animal cruelty free.
I was lucky enough to meet Katherine herself, and I can’t think of a person I’ve had a more instant connection with. She exudes kindness and is so warm and just a blast to be around. I got to test all the products in the line and got my makeup done – and honestly, I felt so beautiful.
Here, I’m wearing eyeshadows and blushes from The Beauty of Giving Back Makeup Palette in Courage. I was honestly skeptical upon seeing pink and purple in the pan, but the colors are so natural and wearable – I loved how it enhanced my features without looking overdone – fresh, natural, and pretty.
Below is a list of all the other products I’ve tried:
- A+ Lipsticks in Tam Tam and Patricia: both super hydrating and wearable, with great pigment.
- Highlighter in Siena: the most beautiful highlighter ever – it’s so natural and not chunky or glittery, just glowy. I’ll also be using this as an eyeshadow.
- Natural Eye Shadow Palette in Coffee Talk: because I can’t resist a good neutral palette. The colors are beautiful and the formula is super blendable and long-wearing. The quality is definitely that of high-end makeup.
- KatherineGirl – The Fragrance: This was a surprise favorite for me. I haven’t bought a perfume in years because I’m super picky and don’t like most – either too floral, too old-ladyish, or too common (you know those sweet scents that all smell the same?). I was skeptical when Katherine spritzed some on my arm, but I wound up loving the scent and smelling my arm all day, and was so happy that I had found my new fragrance.
- 8 pc Makeup Brush Set + Traveler: First of all, the case is genius. No more squished brushes loose in my makeup bag, and no more having to set my brush on the counter when traveling!! These synthetic brushes are super soft, pick up just the right amount of pigment, and blend everything super well.
- Everyday Eyeliner in Cessna Brown: I’ve been a long-time fan of this eyeliner – it was the first thing I ever tried from Katherine Cosmetics. It never smudges or gives me the dreaded raccoon eyes. It’s the perfect shade of dark brown, and glides on super easily.
- Everyday Shimmer Gloss in Katherine, Bonneymede, and Cheneyville: All beautiful, moisturizing colors with pretty shimmer and non-sticky texture. I don’t wear lipgloss on a normal basis but love these for special occasions.
- Everyday Cheek Glow in Flapsdown: I love this stick! I actually prefer to wear it on my lips, and love how versatile it is. A little goes a long way and it lasts all day.
- Everyday Mascara: I don’t currently wear mascara as I have eyelash extensions, but I’ve used this before. I naturally have stick-straight asian lashes that are super hard to keep curled (I often have to resort to waterproof formulas). Unfortunately this mascara wasn’t able to hold my curl, but I used it when I got a lash perm and it was amazing. If curl isn’t a concern for you, this mascara is wonderful – volumizing, super nourishing, and never flakes or smudges throughout the day.
Left to right: (Top Row) Me, Taylor from The Tried Equestrian, and Katherine Finch // Gorgeous Wrapping // The Beauty Gives Back Palettes // Eyeshadow Palettes, Highlighters, Blushes //
(Bottom Row) Lip & Eye Products, WOW Sticks // Taylor and I having fun shopping // KatherineGirl Fragrance // Taylor and I happy with our purchases!