I was in the mood for a good DIY, and what better than to make something your horse will love? I found this recipe on Pinterest, and tweaked it to go with the ingredients I had on hand. It was super easy and I think they turned out great – my horses absolutely loved them!
2 apples, grated
2 carrots, grated
2 cups oat bran
1 cup oats
1 cup molasses
1 bag pumpkin mellowcreme candies
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and grease mini muffin tin
- Grate apples and carrots, mix well with other ingredients
- Add more oats/oat bran if mixture is too wet
- Spoon into muffin tin – press the mixture down to get it compacted in the cups
- Use one of the pumpkin candies to create an indentation in the top of each treat
- Bake for 30-40 min
- Remove from oven, put pumpkin candies in the indentations, then return to oven for 3 mins
- Check to see if the candies are sticking. You want the candies to melt just enough for them to stick to the treats.
- If needed, put back in oven to melt the candy a little more
- Let cool, pop the treats out of the tin, and treat your horses!
Hope you enjoy this little DIY! xo, Karina