Having good, high-quality tack is essential not only for your horse’s comfort, but also for you and your horse’s safety. Have you ever seen those videos of tack breaking mid-round? *shudders*
The tack I use on the daily also has to be hard-wearing, durable, and easy to clean, because who has the time or money to be constantly cleaning or replacing things? I try not to spend an arm and a leg on my equipment by buying secondhand/discounted when possible, and focus on fit and comfort for my horse. Here is my current set-up:
- Schooling Bridle: Stubben that I got at a great price from here. Reins are rubber Dy’on reins.
- Bit: Centaur Eco Pure Oval Link Bit
- Saddle: Custom Voltaire Stuttgart
- Stirrups: OnTyte Composite (leathers are Voltaire)
- Half Pad: Invictus Necesse
- Saddle Pad: Back on Track AP & Baby Pads
- Girth: Just got this EquiFit one about a week ago!
- Boots & Wraps: Equifit Essentials & EyeOn Equine Care